Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Ford F250 Super Duty, less than 60,000 miles. Recently developed periodic shake at about 50-60 MPH. We have spent over three weeks having trying to diagnose the problem. Multiples wheel balancing, moving rims/wheels from rear to front, new front U-joints, new tires. The problem still persist. Next looking at possible drive shaft balancing issues.Has anyone experienced this problem, any fix, suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
1,676 Posts
Try rear driveshaft u-joints and/or hanger bearing, if you have one. Does the vibration transmit threw the steering wheel? Is 4x4 engaged? Have you checked alignment and bushing condition? Are the ball joint/tie rods in good shape?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try rear driveshaft u-joints and/or hanger bearing, if you have one. Does the vibration transmit threw the steering wheel? Is 4x4 engaged? Have you checked alignment and bushing condition? Are the ball joint/tie rods in good shape?
Thank you for your feedback, no vibration in the steering wheel, box seems to get the brunt of it. Ball joints/tie rods are good. Good suggestion on rear driveshaft u-joints/hanger bearing.
Also before I pull all my hair out i) i'll pull the 5th wheel out of the box, eliminate 5th wheel vibration. (very unlikely that is the cause, but going on the process of elimination) ii) I'll put the original summer Michelin tires and OEM rims back on. Winter tires robust aggressive construction may be channeling rode vibrations (again long shot) but all combined factors may be the result of my problem. iii) the driveshaft balancing

·
Super Moderator
1,676 Posts
Also, while your under there shaking the drive shaft, check the pinion bearing for play.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RECAP
  1. Pinion bearing
  2. Rear shaft u-joint
  3. Hanger bearing
  4. Alignment
  5. Bushings
  6. Ball joint/tie rods
Stay tuned, I'll let you know how we make out.

·
Super Moderator
1,676 Posts
Forgot wheel bearings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts