Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

Snow tires,lol.

729 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Lightning Steve 
#1 ·
Well due to an unfixable leak in my front tire, that went from manageable to unmanageable I've had to put my snow tires/rims on. The funny thing is I've had more people comment on how nice the truck looks with them on. They're just American Racing black steel rims and big *** snows. But everyone likes them and say it gives the truck a NASCAR look,lol. So am now thinking of looking into aftermarket black rims as I have to get four new summer tires anyway. The other thing is how much nicer the truck drives with these tires on. I don't know if it's just the differance in width of the tires or it's just the fact the old (OEM, 40K) tires were just so bad. But it's a way smoother ride and handles really nice, doesn't get pulled around by ruts in the road.
Which brings up my question, where is the best place to get tires? I've been told to get them at Discount Tire in Port Huron. Anyone else have any recommendations?

#5 ·
First thing first
love to see the pictures of the winter rims
that must look cool

Here's a bad pic (in more ways than one!) from last winter.

#4 ·
I really like those!!!
That is pretty much what I was thinking about.
I you don't mind my asking, where ya getting them and how much?
Would it be a foe-pa to have two trucks with matching rims, lol.

Was lookin at that web site and kind of like these also, think they would match up with the silver.
http://www.tiretrends.com/wheel_catalog.php3?wheelID=4118

#11 ·
Here is the site I found them from. I checked other sites but few had these particular rims and of the ones that did this was the cheapest.

$117 ea + 130.73 shipping to Canada = 598.73 + tax. I'm either going to call Matt's fav guy at Blackstock to see if they can get them and the cost or I may just drive up there tomorrow for something to do.

http://www.bigwheels.net/?location=wheels&action=view_model&model=Crush Black

Yeah I looked at those rims you found but they dont make any 16x8 5x135mm.

I dont think it will be a faux pas because I said I was getting them first so you'll be copying me :lgh2: Although I dont plan on getting them until the spring anyway.

#6 ·
Are those 16"s? Do they clear stock Lightning brakes?

Try Jeremy at Hanfords on Wharncliffe near Baseline before you make your decision, tell him you know Tim Burgess from Canadian Ford Truck Club.

FYI, I've been told Blizzaks hook up at the track.shocked:!)

#7 ·
Not real sure of the rim size (most likely 16"). Yes to use them I have to use a 1/4" spacer or they hit the caliper. Have had no problems with this set up.

Buddy at work was trying to talk me into going to the track with them,lol.

What is cool, I can get the tires to bark at every shift with very little effort!!

#8 ·
i dunno steve, a little risky with those rims...LOL!!!

i went to discount tire in port huron this past summer to get my nitto 555's. in canada they don't sell them, but the eagle F1's here are $400 and in the us are $213. i bought the nitto's in the us for $210 a tire and $10 for install fee and disposal fee.
i had no problems with customer service or anything like that. i'd recommend going there.
for you it's a drive though, as for me it was 5 min over the bridge!
also, customs. you can either pay the taxes (and it was only tax for me, no duty) or risk getting your vehicle taken away if they know you're lying to them.

#12 ·
Last winter some jackasses swerving down the street lost control and went across two lawns then into the side of my truck, parked in my drive way, I was alseep at the time.
Cops never caught them even with a licence number.

#13 ·
Same here, have never really had a problem and as you say any more it's just smokes and alcohol. Did have a problem once with a female BG, when I said I was only across for an hour, she made me declare a piece of paper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.