Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not happy, we had it arranged to fly down tomorrow night to Atlanta than drive down to Daytona Beach for Sunday, watch the race than drive back to Atlanta to fly back Monday morning. Well work sends me a message Wednesday, "Monday is not a holiday for our employees because we are federaly regulated". So I get back to the yard tonight, around 5pm, and I am told that I don't work Monday because the company I deal with is closed. It is not to late to get our flight but we gave the tickets away. SO PISSED right now!

Tim

· Premium Member
1,253 Posts
It is going to take some time to get people and Employers to recognize this holiday properly. Unionized workers who have a contract will have to wait until their contract is renegotiated before they will get this holiday. Most people don’t realize that the Civic Holiday in August is not a statutory Holiday but most companies give it to their employers.

· Registered
186 Posts
You aren't the only one, not that many of us here are getting it either.

Sorry to hear you didn't get to go Tim.

Not a fan of Nascar (not that I don't like it, just never have the time to watch), but last week I watched the Bud Shootout on HD (with 5.1 surround!) and it was unfreakin believable, will be recording Daytona.

· Registered
3,056 Posts
yeah it sorta sucks because its a holiday here in alberta we get it off which means no pay lol rather work it and get paid haha beats sitting in camp doing nothin :icon_confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.