• 1 - 2 years

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 2 years+ you lucky sob

Votes: 9 56.3%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silverstars I mean. I got 5 months. Left headlight blew yesterday. I've had ebay cheapies that lasted longer. I've heard they didn't last as long as factory bulbs but 5 months is a bit short.

Anyone who is thinking of getting them, save your money. At least in the Ranger housing there isn't much change in colour or intensity of the light.

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well crap then I must have picked a bad one. So maybe I'll pick up another. I put the factory one back in and it doesn't look as white. But there isn't a whole lot of difference though.

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought about it but it wouldn't look right in the factory housings. (too much glare)

· Registered
367 Posts
I have had mine for at least two years. I even transfered vehicles. They sat in my toolbox for a short time between vehicles as well.

· Registered
2003 for f150 4x4. 1976 ford f100 reg. Cab. Step side
1,771 Posts
year and a half on the first set

· Registered
711 Posts
I used to run Silverstars in my work truck (highway rig), they were doing good to last 6 months. Mind you I drive with my headlights on so that meant they were on 6 days a week, 10 - 15 hours a day. I switched to the GE Nighthawks and found they weren't too much better, so I went back to Silvania Extra-vision. I run those 9007 bulbs in my Ranger as well, and albeit the light may not be quite as great, the highbeam/driving lights MORE than make up for them when I need more, and I'm not changing them nearly so often. Oh, and they're not as hard on other motorist's eyes either ;) LR

· Premium Member
2,386 Posts
i had 9007 in my old truck for a few years no problems. then i had H1 in the fogs of my harley and both blew at the same about 6 months old.
im on my 2nd set of HIDs in the fogs now.

· Registered
41 Posts
I use Philips X-Tremes for over year and half ... still running strong today. Have over 38,000 Kms on them ..

· Registered
2003 for f150 4x4. 1976 ford f100 reg. Cab. Step side
1,771 Posts
I got these cheap 10 but ones from princess and they have lasted 6 months so far. There brighter then the stock OEM lights

· Registered
288 Posts
For those of you contemplating HID's, I was concerned about the glare in my stock housing..I went with 4300k and they look like stock, just WAY WAY brighter, no glare whatsoever! Will be changing them out of the stock housings sooner or later, but as of right now they look damn good for hid's in a stock housing

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.