Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are spacers safe?

If I were to add some spacers so I can install the tires I bought to go on my rims. what size should I get.?

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
If you go with a spacer make sure it's the solid spacer as I have heard some of them like to compress

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
they are safe but add more wear to wheel bearings...

different application but I use them on my atv and have 2 different sets, one solid one individual lug (Royal Dist couldnt get a matching set for 4 to 6 weeks) the individual ones work loose or did untill used locktite (not looking forward to removeing them lol)

·
Registered
633 Posts
I ran them on for years on another truck I had, like lumber jack said get a solid set, not cheap junk and you will be ok. I spent $100 each for 1" spacers.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info, Well with the delama of ordering the rims to get my tires to fit. I ordered a set of spacers from these guys. http://www.ezaccessory.com/ I ordered a set of 1.5" spacers as my sales guy said so.

Since the rims I ordered are 5" back spacing I'll add a 1.5" spacer to the stock rim that will put the stock rims at the same mark as the new rim. This will let me know if I will need larger fender flares.

They should be here next week as I paid for 2 day shipping, a little pricy but better than waiting for snail mail at this time of year. What I plan to do is use the spacers until the rims show up, which I bet will be some time in Feb.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Just out of curiosity did you try getting the rims from black stock? Their prices are very competitive.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nope

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is the reply I got form the other site.

Originally Posted by PawPaw
The stock wheel specs on the 20's are the problem. The close to 6.5 inches of BS pull's the tire and wheel assy. so far inside the wheelwell with wide tires they will hit the upper control arm sometimes. My Terragrapplers are real close but no rubbing so far in over 20K miles. If I had the Trailgrapplers the side lugs would maybe rub. The ideal width tire on the stock 20's would be 12 inches wide.

So we will see. The spacers just showed up at my door tonight. I ordered them on the weekend. They left Los Angeles at 16:07 on the 17th and made it to my door at 18:22 today.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The plastic will definately need to be trimmed.

I'm pretty sure the guy is wrong about the 6.5". Everything that I've looked up says 5.5" with 30mm of offset. Here are some examples.

http://www.f150forum.com/f2/wheel-offset-backspacing-117737/#post1151675
http://www.f150forum.com/f4/stock-wheel-offset-144819/#post1548387

If you want, since I have my winter's on now and the 20's are off the truck, I can measure the backspacing tonight when I get home. It should be identical to yours. It's not very hard to do.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sure why not, that will give you something to do and get you away from the wife for a bit.. lol

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL glad you checked, thanks and your welcome. LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts