Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here done it to their NA 5.4l V8? Looking to see what kits are available for the 2V tritons. Maybe a wrecked Lightning for parts?

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Quite a few choices out there, cheapest way is to look for a wrecked Lightning/Harley/Roush or find a guy with a Lightning that has upgraded to a KB and weasel the used Eaton.
Or go brand new Roush/KB/Whipple, there are quite a few manufacturers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the link. I need a list if I decide to take that route if you don't mind.....or you can fill in what I am missing. From what I understand the heads and cams are identical to my stock 5.4l but I have to lower the psi (pulley) due to a higher compression compared to the lightnings.

- injectors (42lbs?)
- fuel pump
- lightning maf
- harmonic balancer
- lightning intake
- intercooler
- custom tune for the pcm
- blower belt
- gasket kit

·
Registered
366 Posts
im workin my way there... i have done bigger furl rails, bigger fuel injectors.. msd ingition, headers and full side exit exhaust. it alos has the diablo programmer...the problems i ahve experinced so far is i am still runnin outta fuel at the redline. gonna add an aftermarket fuel pump too help with the fuel delivery problem. if that works than i am pretty much ready for the charger. i dont believ in just boltin a charger onto a strock motor. if you want too achieve the full benefit of a charger or turbo there are issues tha need too be addressed. like fuel delivery, exhaust removal, timing, spark etc...

tell ya one thing i cant wait too install it. i'll most likely be going with the ford motorpsort one..

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
OHH BABY OOHHH BABY SHWINGG SHWINGGG BABY BABY OOHHHHHHH

I LIKE THIS OOH BABY SHHHWWWWIINGGGGGGGGG :icon_lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have browsed the madenterprise site a few times....it was there that I decided to do an efan conversion on my truck by using a Ford taurus fan. I am just waiting for a lightning to show up at one of the junkyards and see if I can barter them down in price for everything, If not then I'll look for the just the SC and full upper+lower intakes at consider the madenterprises supplimental kit.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Im a bit curious about doing something like a harley swap in mine. But without being able to find much for wrecks ive pretty much ruled that out and im probably gonna go to a roush when i decide to take the next step. Although im thinking of just buying a weekend warrior to spend my money on and get my HP fix.

·
Registered
326 Posts
up here @ cobra motor sports dealership you can get complete kit a friend did it to his stang had it done in 2 days thing is organize , be extremely clean and read instructions other then that no some one that can tune it after then your off to the races :) by the way nothing likr hereing the whine of it even @ 8 pounds AWesome

·
Registered
3 Posts
supercharging

Hi.I am new to this club,and I saw your question.I have a 2002 FordF150E/C Stage2Roush the only option it did not have was the optional Vortech s/c that ROUSH used in 02.After some research I found what was used and installed the kit on my truck and did some updating on the computer/injectors/exhaust system and what a difference.You have to decide what you want to do with the s/c are you going to tow or daily driver with some top end giddyup or the odd pass down the strip,it all makes a difference.Soon as I can fiqure out how to post pic on this site I will send in pics of the ROUSH

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
You have to decide what you want to do with the s/c are you going to tow or daily driver with some top end giddyup or the odd pass down the strip,it all makes a difference.

Why not get 3 custom tunes and a X cal2 or X cal 3 and you can have the truck set up for preformance, towing, or economy and you have the best of all worlds

·
Registered
3 Posts
S/C

I agree with the tuning part,but if you have your engine set up like I do You cannot tow with it even setup on the economy mode,Mine is setup for mid to top end and I have to run 93 or better octane.I love wasting these young kids with their ricers.Here is a saying I saw at the last show and shine I was at."MY FORD STARTER MAKES MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA" Whatta think

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd do a lightning swap or a procharger for the 2V motors. lightning swap if you want a flat powerband and procharger for highest peak horsepower. The procharger is also very easy to install. A bit harder for the lightning swap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts