Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you put a Supercharger on a 5.4 with the Cod system on the inside of the heads????

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Spark with seperate coils ontop of each spark plug,they are all located in the intake side of the Heads instead of the exaust side of the Heads.
So how would a supercharger fit on??

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right Thanks Matt.

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
I have the Spark with seperate coils ontop of each spark plug,they are all located in the intake side of the Heads instead of the exaust side of the Heads.
So how would a supercharger fit on??

One way is to do a lightning swap so it looks like this..... and it's a cop (coil over plug) not a cod its in the head not the intake.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Okay you meant COP (coil on plug) and it makes no difference that you have individual coils, you can still install pretty much any supercharger kit out there on your vehicle. For an expedition I would definately do a lightning swap for the lowend power.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I put a customer supplied Kenne Bell twin screw kit on a 2000 HD F150 and it worked pretty good, the customer just wanted to be able to spin the tires and that it did. it was an easy install, less than a day.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is a Kenne Bell twin screw kit and where can I get one?

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can't just bolt up a kenne bell to your motor, I don't think they make a kit for your truck. The only kenne bell that I know of for our trucks is an upgrade kit for the lightnings and harleys to replace the Eaton M112. The Eaton blower is a 1.8L blower and the kenne bell blower is a 2.6L blower so it makes more power.

It won't bolt up because your intake manifold is different. The only way to make it work is to get all of the parts for a lightning swap MINUS the eaton blower and then get the kenne bell upgrade kit instead. You are looking at a lot of money and a lot of work to get all of this to work.

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/performance_parts/index.html?item=1021

Take a look at this kit. It is very easy to install. If you are good with your hands you could have it installed in about 8 hours. With fuel mods (42# injectors, 90mm lightning MAF) and a dyno tune you and assuming your engine is in good working order you will make about 380HP with the 9 pound pulley. This kit will net you the highest horsepower out of all of the supercharger kits out for the 2V motors. The ONLY downfall of this kit is that your torque curve will be much steeper than if you had a positive displacement blower. So you will have less low rpm power but it makes up for it in the high rpm's.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info,Very cool is it an american company or?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
It really bugs me that you cant find this stuff for the V6's. I know I can put an M112 on my 4.2L but I would have to get an adapter plate made for the upper intake as well as a ton of other parts. On a V6 forum I go to a guy put together a parts list and cost to put an M112 on a 4.2L, costs around $2600.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Now I do not have first hand knowledge but when i inquired about Kenne Bell for a Mustang I called Joe Da Silva, Da Silva Racing, and he told me he stopped distrubuting them because of very poor customer service and many issues.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Maybe I'll go the turbo route, it may be cheaper and I know a guy who is willing to fab up the whole thing for me for a few cases of beer.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Must be nice...LOL

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
One day when I get all my parts together I will most likely be doing a Lighting swap in my truck but until that time I am still gathering parts so far I have a new never run Eaton blower, form a 99 Lightning, heat exchanger, and some various other parts. If this happens I will be building a new bottom end, and then I should get the power my truck should always have had

Part of my project

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice.Ya when I rebuild my 351 I would like to do some kind of modifications.I bought it 2 Months ago,it has 235.000.00 klm,don't get me wrong it runns awsome, just when the time comes you know.More Power Arrhh Arrhh Arrhh.

·
Registered
14 Posts
customer bought a complete kit for his 2000 truck, made to bolt right on and it worked well. Just do a google for kenne bell. Not sure of cost but you can get them in variable boost levels and opt for different pulley sizes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Now I do not have first hand knowledge but when i inquired about Kenne Bell for a Mustang I called Joe Da Silva, Da Silva Racing, and he told me he stopped distrubuting them because of very poor customer service and many issues.
never had problems with the one I put on and any questions I had were answered as well as sending another pulley quickly when I wanted to change the boost level. I also put one on a 95 mustang, worked well for what we wanted, gave instant boost and was very quiet which is typical of a twin screw supercharger.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts