Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was at a dealer today making use of my free oil change coupon.
Salesman asked me how the truck was running, yada yada would you like to take a Superduty for a drive? Sure, I say.
Need less to say, the wheels are turning I drove a F250 King Ranch Crew Diesel. The road ride was very similar to my F150 Larait.
I was really impressed with the automatic transmission, it was flawless in shifting. The power was there when needed effortlessly, I have now had a chance to drive the new SDs on and off road and I am impressed.
Now one question remains, should I?

·
Registered
88 Posts
lets put it this way. i thought ( imo) that the ford super duty was with out a doubt the ugliest truck i have ever laid eyes on........ untill today. one of the oil feild consultants that i do alot of work for, rolled up in a brand new ford super duty that was the best looking truck i have ever put my peepers on. it was done up to perfection and now im considering 1 . in stock form they are ok but throw a few tastefull after market parts on a sd350 and........ BLAM ......... instant show looking truck. im going to get 1 for myself next year but id say go for it. bd:

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:t-dwn: Dealer offered $27000 on trade:t-dwn:

pty) No Superduty in my futurepty)

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They told me $31000 without mods last thursday, went in today to do paperwork and now it is $27000 with everything left on.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He was trying to tell me that $27000 plus tax credit is pretty close to $31000, but I also lose about $3000 cash that I could get for bolt-ons.
I have another dealer that offered me $31000, going to talk to them on Friday but doubt ful they are only willing to deal on a stock truck and not locate what I want.

·
Registered
88 Posts
He was trying to tell me that $27000 plus tax credit is pretty close to $31000, but I also lose about $3000 cash that I could get for bolt-ons.
I have another dealer that offered me $31000, going to talk to them on Friday but doubt ful they are only willing to deal on a stock truck and not locate what I want.
you never know , they can be crafty if theres a few bucks in it for em.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm taking a huge hit in the trade so there is a fine line of yes or FU!

Also contemplated an '08 F150 King Ranch, than I can transfer all my goodies. But than I thought......why?

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally it was going to be for haulin a race trailer, but we have found a way to eliminate alot of weight so either my F150 or my brother's F150 can pull the trailer.

Than I researched the fuel economy on the new diesel and found out they are actually worse than the 5.4L Gas, so I may not even go to the other dealer on friday.

I had a used '08 SD lined up, but it fell thru(maybe). At this point it is a long shot. Basically it was going to be traded into a dealer than I would take it, but it turns out he traded it in to a Chev dealer for an Avalanche. There is a slim chance it may still come thru, as the Chev dealer has to buyout the lease from the Ford dealer.

http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.aspx?vlotid=1071544&adid=6470620

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
I like the New Harley edition Super Duty

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
My old man has a 2008 f250 with the twin turbo 6.4 this thing hauls and loves to tow he loves it its a 4x4 quad cab short box xlt model

·
Registered
2 Posts
The new sd's are nice.The harley one is pretty cool.I work at a dealer so i get to see them every day.Just one thing though,you have to keep in mind when looking to buy one...they only run on low sulpher diesel.Other than that,they are great trucks.the times they are good on fuel though,is when they idle.most oil burning trucks nowdays dont get that great of fuel mileage.

·
Registered
24 Posts
For work I drive a new Dodge 3500 (crew cab, 4x4) with the new 6.7 and it's only getting 11 mpg, not too impressive considering that's mostly highway and not pulling a load.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Friend of mine's dad has an 07 King Ranch SD. Its a great truck. Lots of power on demand, very comfortable and an all round nice truck.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts