Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
join the group "help save canadian drag racing" on facebook and sign the petition!!

you're not safe tim, this will impact a lot of people and all drag racing in canada!!
a lot of drag strips will close, limiting places to race!

i support the petition and e-mailed parliament already!
a lot of people i know race pro cars and some even need that income!

· Registered
2,303 Posts
6623. I live just behind my MPPs office so if she pisses me off I can egg her office :icon_lol:

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just got this letter from my MP

"Sean,

I just wanted to quickly let you know that Pat agrees with you on this issue. We have already sent letters to the Minister of the Environment asking for a complete exemption in the future for competitive racing.

Thank you for your input.

Regards,

Benjamin Martin

EA to Pat Davidson, M.P.
Sarnia-Lambton
600 Justice Building
613-957-2649 Off.
613-297-9986 Cell
613-957-2655 Fax"

good stuff!!

· Registered
4,153 Posts
i just got this letter from my MP

"Sean,

I just wanted to quickly let you know that Pat agrees with you on this issue. We have already sent letters to the Minister of the Environment asking for a complete exemption in the future for competitive racing.

Thank you for your input.

Regards,

Benjamin Martin

EA to Pat Davidson, M.P.
Sarnia-Lambton
600 Justice Building
613-957-2649 Off.
613-297-9986 Cell
613-957-2655 Fax"

good stuff!!
Do you have a standard template of your letter to the MP that others members could cut and paste to send to their MP

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just wrote that i am against the proposal by the government (and i stated the document from grandbend motorplex) and asked for her support in the matter.
i then asked her to get abck to me with her response and what she planned on doing about the issue.

nothing official, and i could ahve wrote something more professional sounding, but then id be sitting for an hour analyzing the damn thing instead of sending.

· Registered
111 Posts
Here is the letter I sent to our locall MPP

Pat Davidson
MPP Sarnia – Lambton

Dear Pat

As our local MPP I am asking (begging) that you voice your opinion and try to convince our government to please reconsider this ban on leaded fuels for competition purposes. With Grand Bend Motorplex being one of the great sports complexes of our area they will no longer be able to bring in the big shows that attract many tourists to our area. The race fans of Sarnia – Lambton as well as all other race fans across Canada deserve the right to continue to see these events without having to take our money south of the border. If this ban happens we will surely see local raceways all over Canada closing which will ultimately lead to the unfortunate increase of street racing as there will be no place for the beginners to race the unleaded fuel vehicles. This ban will not only affect the racers and the fans, but it will likely affect the safety of all Canadians in the long run.

Concerned race fan

Tom Sullivan,
Petrolia, On

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.