Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 06 F-350, 6.0ltr...I'm tryin to find the biggest tires I can mount on original 18 inch wheels with no suspension mods...all stock suspension.

·
Registered
479 Posts
no bigger than a 35... unless you want to rub. a leveling kit are cheep for thoes tho, and ez to do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
33 x 12.5 eh.....any issues you know of with rubbing on the brake lines when turning?

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 08 runs 275/70R18 stock, which is about 33 inches, there should be no issue running 35's, but I don't know if the previous generation has smaller wheel wells

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Think I'm good with 305/60/18's ? or gonna need a leveling?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm running a set of BFG AT's, 285/65/18 on my 06 F-250 6.0 ltr Lariat stock wheels.
They are approx. 32.5". No issues at all.
33" tires would not be an issue on your stock wheels.
I just picked up a nice used set of factory 20's, as I am planning on selling my current setup, so I'm in the tire shopping mode as well!
From what I gather 12.5" x 35" tires will fit, but if your loaded heavy and turning tight you may rub in the front.
I want to go with the above size tires, so I am thinking about installing the 2.5" leveling kit that was mentioned above. It's just a simple spacer that goes in the two front springs.
Good luck with your tire shopping.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
i test drove an 06 f250 that had 35's on it with no rubbing issues and no leveling kit stock rims, back had tons of room left fronts were close but still had room to turn/flex

·
Registered
479 Posts
35's all the way, but i would still put the leveling kit in, just so it dont look funny.

·
Registered
33 Posts
^^^ +1 for 35's with a leveling kit, that's what I'm planning on doing in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Go big. You ALWAYS end up wanting more lift and bigger tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts