Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave my daughter a nice Stanley toolset from Canadian tire today for her 15th, she loves it .
when she was little she would ask if we were going to look at any old trucks on the weekend. lately she wants to come with dad to help fix stuff at the farm, so her own set seemed like a good idea.

She is taking auto mechanics next semester and has a great memory for putting things back together the way they came apart so why not. if she learns to keep up her own car as an adult that's good enough for me. she is very strong for a girl, a lot like her mother:laugh:

she wants a bronco 2 but we aren't going to get one , have looked at a few rangers and F100s but not enough funds for anything decent. she has been helping me swap my 96 F250 over to red interior and loves the truck so its going to be hers. I have enough parts to keep it going for years and we really need a crewcab for a family wagon.

its about as safe of a vehicle as you can get for a new driver. its parked for winter so we can work on it together. I told her we can make it fast, 7.3 powerstroke is well broken in and supposedly has never been chipped or run with a programmer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
Thats awesome James, I worry about the kids today that are more interested about what apps a car has than horsepower numbers. lol

CTC has some awesome deals out there for tools, I've bought a bunch of the Maximum stuff and been pretty satisfied so far.

Deep discounts on tool sets and CTC money have made for some great deals. Good investment for your daughter, and some great memories to come.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
she does have an Ipad (supplied by her school)and uses it more than dad likes, but we won't hook up the wifi at home and all 3 kids are limited to 1hr each on the computer on the weekend and 1/2 hr any 3 nights during the week. she loves to read and whenever I catch her on her ipad she is reading so I guess thats ok.

she actually came along today when I went to pickup a southern Ranger box near Dublin for one of my projects today and the guy wasn't ready for us. she popped right out with " maybe I should have brought my tools dad?"

he gave me the rear axle out of the truck for compensation, used his torches to cut bolts..................

I hope she goes into a trade not university. I would hate to see her become a pompous ass like my brother (and his wife)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts