Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Tundra has had a rough start with a half dozen major issues that we know about. This one makes me laugh though. The tailgate welds are ripping when an atv or simular are driven up ramps. In their memo they point out there is no iondustry standard for load bearing capacity. LOL Even Dodge can figure out the odd guy may want to put an atv, snowmobile, or motorcycle. Many of them would also like to close the tailgate again. They should have just asked Ford what a Tailgate is supposed to do ...
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/117206-tundra-tailgate-failures-i-am-club/

· Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Seen that months ago, looks good on them too, and the thing that makes me laugh is that people think they better than cars we build here , and if this was a Ford GM, or Dodge issue the Toyota owners would be all over us

· Registered
4,153 Posts
In their defence, Ford truck rear windows don't do a very good job of stopping ATVs when loading them with ramps..............glad no one had a digital camera on them that day....LOL

· Registered
2,101 Posts
HAHAHA I load quads and snowmoblies almost everyday in a ford and never had one problem.....I have a sled in the work truck with the tailgate closed with the sled sitting on the top rite now, never had no problems....hope they had waranty, new Yota talgate probly cost 1000$...lol

Hey smoke that's what the spare tire or a back rack is for....lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.