Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK today my turbo was whistling so loud that it almost deafened me. With no power loss.

The exhaust pipe from the turbo has "popped off" (for lack of a better explanation)

It looks like it is just as simple as shoving it back on and clamping it down again, can it really be that easy. Or am looking at a trip to the repair shop for something more?

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
if your hood doesnt have abig dent in it your lucky i test drove a truck that the hose blew off of and left a huge dent

a buddy says there was a replacement part a newer pipe not 100% sure though that ford put on to stop this issue....

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
if you have an aftermarket downpipe on it get a new clamp and don't overtorque it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i don't have an aftermarket down pipe but now i need one. When i started to put the pipe back on not only did it "pop" off but it also has a crack in it. Re-clamping it won't help now. So anyone know where i can get a good aftermarket pipe?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
You should add your truck to your sig. Then we'll all know what you have and will be able to help you a little easier. I put a complete MBRP stainless system on my '95 and it made a huge difference with power and fuel economy. I coupled that with a Tymar air intake system. As they say, "Diesel's need to breath to make power". I used stainless cuz I live where the road crews add salt to the winter roads, like I add sugar to my coffee...I need to cut back.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after looking online and suggestions from other posts I'm gonna lay-up my truck until I can afford a whole new exhaust. Might as well spend the extra $$ to get something that improves performance not just fix it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone had experience with MBRP Smokers? I think I'm gonna take the plunge just need some feedback.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i took the plung. Bought the Smokers with 6" angled tips now i'm a real red neck. Going to install them on the weekend. Can't wait.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Right on, those will look cool. Red neck eh...Albertan's and red necks just go together (LOL).

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Next is a 4" level in the front, the rear is already lifted 4 inches. Then some 35" tires

1 - 10 of 10 Posts