Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my understanding is that if your vehicle is stopped by police they can search your vehicle excluding anything that is not in plain site, ie trunk or under a locked tonnau cover. Is this correct?
thanks

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I think they can search anywhere they want if they have "probable cause". If they stopped you for a violation I think they can search away.

·
Registered
349 Posts
....planing something?....:icon_twisted:

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you refuse to let them search they will usually call k-9 in to sniff around if they supect somthing , so in other words just let them search and you'll be on your way. Unless they find something of course

·
Registered
326 Posts
just make sure if they are searching tell them they forgot someplace an ask them. If they would kiss a rabbitt between the ears, And and then lift up your front pockets hahaha
I hate cops that use there power like that its just the hassle of it. I think that i would be pissed

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
well from what the opp told me..

if a nitrous kit is installed in the vehicle.. Then a bottle can not be..
but if a bottle is in the vehicle then a nitrous kit can't be installed..

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
i've got a nitrous kit, the bottles under a locked tonnau cover.
Why not mount the bottle in a locked tool box under the tonneu cover and use a remote bottle opener

·
Registered
45 Posts
uve been pulled over 9 times in the past 4 years, 2 tickets, 1 VI (on my M3) the rest were warnings. Be nice to them, and they will have NO reason to search. They've asked me to pop my trunk once, i asked why, he wanted to check if i had booze (in BC if you have an N you cant carry booze) so i did and he applogized for the inconvinience.

simple. be nice to them, they will be nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts