Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else have a vibration in their truck my 2012 fx4 ecoboost once i hit about 80 -120 km the whole truck vibrates not in the steering you can feel it inthe seat and so can passengers

·
Registered
743 Posts
My first guess would be tire balance. Second guess would be driveshaft balance. If it's a 2012 take it to the dealer and have them diagnose it;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i thought of those too was just wonderin if anyone else has experienced this as some other forums show some stuff similar as a problem with alot of trucks
thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've read on some other forums about having the driveshaft replaced on some 2012s, best to take it to the dealer

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2010 XLT with a chassis vibration. had the tires balanced 4 time with no reresult. Turned out 3 of the 4 tire where out of run. This was found when I tried a road force balance. Replaced all 4 tire and ploblem is gone.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I had this with my 2011. It's more pronouced once the winter tires go on. There's lots of posts about it on other forums, but no solution.

·
Administrator
4,742 Posts
Drive 125 km/hr on the highway, under 70 km/hr in the city and you should be good.

No issues with vibration on my truck,for what it's worth, but the road noise of the tires goes down considerably when the Blizzaks are installed.

Is this vibration something specific to the Ecoboost models, or across the board ?

Just out of curiosity, how bad a vibration do you mean ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not really sure if its just ecoboost or not its bad eniogh that it actually shakes you in the truck and u can actually see the pass side shaiking makes my belly jiggle lol

·
Registered
390 Posts
It appears to have went away once I put the summer tires back on in the spring. I'll know for sure once the winter tires go back on in a few months (hopefully longer :) )

·
Super Moderator
1,604 Posts
It appears to have went away once I put the summer tires back on in the spring. I'll know for sure once the winter tires go back on in a few months (hopefully longer :) )
Just remember how nice it was down there in March and April! it's been + 6 and + 7 out here lately in the mornings.:icon_razz:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts