Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 has developed a water leak when it sits, somewhere at the firewall left corner side is my problem-but to find it is a bigger problem. It seems to be prone to do it when there is snow built up on the cowl, it don't seem to do it when it rains. I have had the inner fender out and resealed the outer seam but it still leaks. This is no massive leak just enough to get the edge of the carpet wet along the flat doorsill & annoy me beyond belief. Anyone else have this good luck or am the only one with the horse shoe??? Any info would be welcomed. Thanks, Jeff:icon_confused:

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Factory Ford cab lights(installed this summer & never leaked since installed) no sunroof. The 1 thing I don't understand is nothing was done to the truck to have a problem like this start.As far as I'm concerned a leak is about like a rattle -Annoying. Jeff

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you mean the cab light wiring that's all inside the cab.If my lights were to leak I should have a wet headliner as theses trucks only have a single layer roof and the lights are exposed on the bottom under the headliner.No grommets look disturbed on the firewall, can't see much anyways.Guess as a last resort I'll have to tear the black deading material off the inside of the firewall-no nice job.

· Registered
32 Posts
the windsheild leaked after a few years on my navigator. the seal dries out and seperates from the glass. pull off the outer moldings, and run some water over the outside to see where the leak is. You can get some windshield sealant from C/T and seal the area off and reinstall the moldings.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't had much time to look @ it, between work & home renos for ythe new baby. I did have a peek the other day and on the firewall straight back from the brake pedal where the black rubber with foam on it, is cut out for a grommet & wire to come through it was soaked(when I stick my fingure down behind it).To take this material out looks to be a biggggg job but with it in you just can't tell where the water is entering.I just checked it now this morning & the foam is soaked in that spot, it rained & blew extremely hard last night & it's still just a little trickle out on the floor by the kick panel???? I'm going to try & get that grommet out @ that location & see if by some chance there's a little sign of leakage.If not big job ahead. Jeff

· Registered
10 Posts
If its any comfort to you, I have the same problem on my Ranger.

I riped out the carpet the other day (it was -20C as well). I took/scraped out 3 handfulls of sand out from under my carpet. But alas, I cannot find out how it got in!??!?!

My carpet is all frozen now under my rubber floor mats. I am giving up until spring. Mayeb get there at night with a bright light under the truck to see if I can spot anyway for it to come through.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Crouton, there is hope I think mine is stopped.Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, this working 20hrs a day is really wearing thin. I had to remove the cowl, unbolt the wiper assem. and remove the inner fender to even remotely have a look and I can't forget the black rubber/insulation under the dash.On the Superdutys(probably the rest) the upper steel inner fender is welded to the firewall with numerous seems, well I had a tube of seem sealer and kept pumping it out on my fingures and I covered all exterior seems in that area. Not a easy or fun job but it seems to have solved my problem.I was talking to well known autobody man and he sad everthing is sealed from the inside and leaks like this are quite common. Good Luck , Jeff
You have any ??? just drop a me a line

G

·
leak

I am experiencing the same leak but on the passenger side of 01 f350...Water filled up in well area next to carpet under front and back doors. No idea where water is coming from. AS per advise I guess checking the seams in the wheelwell is the best start.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.