1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I have the handheld Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx wilth a suction cup bull mount. Turn by turn directions, with topo canada software

Love it, a little confusing using turn by turn in a big citywhen theirs more than one off/on ramp) but being able to take it in the bush when I want is nice the just pop it back in when I get to the truck. Topo Canada is a must for the deepwoods, could use an update on all the new logging roads, though...

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Ya I got mine with more of the outdoors in mind I don't have to drive in big cities like Toronto or Montreal very often. My topo can shows the names and when to turn but I'm shure if I got city navigator prog it would be much better for the big city. We normaly just pass through the big cities, stay on the hwy anyways.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have the Garmin NUVI 250, it uses a suction cup mount which I use to put it up beside the rear view mirror. It seems to work great for me! :icon_lol:

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Used to use a Garmin, but don't need it anymore so it has been sitting.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i got the mio it is the cheapest the maps are about 2 yrs old so some of the roads are wrong. They dont have alot of updates yet (the swear they are comming) But that all said it works great finds singnal quick has a great bang for the buck $130 or less now 3.5 scren so it is easy to see and use

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Garmin is by the leader in GPS.. Out of the units we sell.. We carry and sell Garmin the most..

As well I personally find the Garmin's easiest to use..

I've got an indash Pioneer unit... so no need for one..

·
Registered
186 Posts
I picked one up at Crappy Trash, a Nextar. It was $100 off so thought it was a deal, have since see some a bit cheaper. It does work okay and seems to be accurate enough. My only complaint is it's slow to initially pick up the Sats. (1-5 minutes) and only has 1.6 mil. points of interest where as most others have 6 mil. This is really only to keep the GF happy, because as a man I am never lost!

·
Registered
162 Posts
A friend of mine bought one of those Nextar ones. He's has nothing but trouble with it. I think he is on his 3rd replacement now.

I bought the wife a Garmin c320 for her B-day last year and the thing works great. It got us to Florida and back last summer plus everywhere else we need to go pretty accurately. Well worth the coin.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
I've been using my Garmin Nuvi250 with the suction/ball mount for about a month now. There's a few little quirky street errors I have found but I am still liking it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I use a Magellan, suction cup mount below my rear-view and just above the dash. Picked it over the Garmin because apparently it's route re-calculating (for when you make a wrong turn) is much faster. Doesn't have Topo-Canada, though and that'd sure be nice...

·
Premium Member
4,280 Posts
Yaaa!! i can finally post here. Bought a Garmin c550 in Edm and love it. still experimenting with it and finding out that i can record trip time and stop time and top speed. even has a compass. stuck it on the window and even came with a spare ball mount/suction cup for a second vehicle.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts