Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, those are the two brands I am trying to decide upon.

On the MotorCraft brand....I only see one type of wire for my 95 F-150. Do you know of a premium wire set or is it just one to choose from?

Also, which of the Motorcraft plugs do you recommend as I know they have a few types to choose from.

About the Fusion.....I will have to look that one up as I am not familiar with that model.

· Registered
2,303 Posts
my two cents. Stay far away from Bosch...stick with Motorcraft, Autolite or Denso Iridiums. For some reason Bosch dont always work in the Ford motors. I put in a set and my truck ran so rough I thought it was gonna shake apart. I put the old plugs in and it ran smooth so I chucked the Bosch and put in a set of Autolite Dbl. Plats...runs smooth.

Extreme you must be one of the lucky few that don't have an issue with the Bosch plugs.

Iowa check your owners manual or a repair manual for the proper type of plug to use. Stick with that and never trust that the plug is pre-gapped to the proper size. Spend the small amount of $ for a gap gauge and gap them to the proper size your self that way you know they are right.

· Registered
186 Posts
NGK TR6, cheap, work great, no plug wires more or less (COP's)

As F150 Phule said always check the gap.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my two cents. Stay far away from Bosch...stick with Motorcraft, Autolite or Denso Iridiums. For some reason Bosch dont always work in the Ford motors. I put in a set and my truck ran so rough I thought it was gonna shake apart. I put the old plugs in and it ran smooth so I chucked the Bosch and put in a set of Autolite Dbl. Plats...runs smooth.

Extreme you must be one of the lucky few that don't have an issue with the Bosch plugs.

Iowa check your owners manual or a repair manual for the proper type of plug to use. Stick with that and never trust that the plug is pre-gapped to the proper size. Spend the small amount of $ for a gap gauge and gap them to the proper size your self that way you know they are right.
Thanks for the great tips guys and I have heard some say that they have had poor results from Bosch and some seem to like them. So far, no bad results with Motorcraft which I have used many times before.

· Registered
2,303 Posts
yeah Bosch is kinda hit and miss with Ford motors. If you get a set that works fine, great but I'd rather not risk it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.