Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the cost, i don't change wheel size but i wan't to put 4 wheel spacer on my truck 1'' on front end 2'' for the rear.

What do you think about this mod ?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Why do you need wheel spacers? Are you changing rims?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I just want that tires go out more to arrive on the surface of wings. I have no money for wheel rims and seen the price of the import I prefere to try the wheel spacer. but if is not good i stay like factory. but not great for look.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Wheel spacers will add the look your wanting yes to get the rim / tire out to the edge of the fender, if this is what your gonna do make sure you go with a solid alloy spacer and not a knock off hollow 1 as they crush as I have read.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wheel spacers will add the look your wanting yes to get the rim / tire out to the edge of the fender, if this is what your gonna do make sure you go with a solid alloy spacer and not a knock off hollow 1 as they crush as I have read.
yes stronger aluminium yes, for you no problem whith the front or rear bearing ?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Am I missing something here, or wouldn't you also need to have longer wheel studs, too? If you're basically adding 1" -- 2" thickness to the wheel with this spacer? The whole assembly seems a bit weak. I can imagine all sorts of things going wrong with that set-up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Am I missing something here, or wouldn't you also need to have longer wheel studs, too? If you're basically adding 1" -- 2" thickness to the wheel with this spacer? The whole assembly seems a bit weak. I can imagine all sorts of things going wrong with that set-up.
The wheels spacers come with holes that accept the old studs, and new studs that are pressed into the spacer to fit the rim, on 2" spacers at least.
They will add premature wear to your wheel bearings but i ran them for 6 months on my truck and had no issues in that amount of time. Its one of those things that guys either use with no worries, or guys that are against them for whatever reasons.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
and yes it adds extra stress on the wheel bearings...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have two kit of studs for mounting

The wheels spacers come with holes that accept the old studs, and new studs that are pressed into the spacer to fit the rim, on 2" spacers at least.
They will add premature wear to your wheel bearings but i ran them for 6 months on my truck and had no issues in that amount of time. Its one of those things that guys either use with no worries, or guys that are against them for whatever reasons.

and yes it adds extra stress on the wheel bearings...
that uses the bearing I agree in passing with rims bigger with the big backwardation, the problem is the same ?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Thanks, that explains it. Besides the wheel bearing issue, I'm guessing it would do weird things to the steering and suspension geometry as well? And maybe do a number on the ball joints?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Ok is it just me or do the rest of you's read volvering's posts with an accent !! lol

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
I think you are crazy to run that much of a spacer. There made to get clearance for disc brakes, not for a wider trac. You cant use a 2" spacer on the rear of a 97 to 03 F150. It will rub. I had 1 1/2" adapters on mine and it rubbed, even with a 5" offset wheel. If you want a wider trac, your going to hafta spend some of those hard earned Euros. This game aint cheap.

Gerry

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think you are crazy to run that much of a spacer. There made to get clearance for disc brakes, not for a wider trac. You cant use a 2" spacer on the rear of a 97 to 03 F150. It will rub. I had 1 1/2" adapters on mine and it rubbed, even with a 5" offset wheel. If you want a wider trac, your going to hafta spend some of those hard earned Euros. This game aint cheap.

Gerry
hello,

crasy ok lol, rubbed with 2'' ok but where there is some place for rims?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe that this is a smart choice!
Bcz wheel spacers are much inexpensive and also change the offset of your wheels, make them more aggressive.
Beside, people who think wheel spacers are dangerous due to low-quality wheel spacers.
if you want to buy wheel spacers:

1. The material of wheel spacers has to be strong enough and past TUV, SGS test, that means it keep the safety of your vehicle and you, so AL7075-T6 and 6061-T6 are the material I recommend.

2. The design of wheel spacers must include the lightweight design (to decrease the weight of suspension)or the active cooling design (to dissipate heat )

3. The warranty period has to be long enough to protect your safety and your benefit. And for saving your time, these wheel spacers I happened to know has 10 years warranty and other advantages.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts