Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange problem. Lately when I start driving my truck after a couple of minutes of driving, I hear a strange rattle out by the passenger side. Kinda sounds like a squirrel or a chipmunk. However, after driving for about another 5 or 10 minutes the noise goes away. I'm not sure what's causing that problem.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks in advance

· Registered
4,153 Posts
Had a similar problem with my '06 Supercrew, in my case it was the passengers wiper rattling at certain temperatures.

Does it sound like it is coming from near the glovebox?

· Registered
4,153 Posts
In my case it was the edge of the wiper arm, almost sounded like a chunk of ice stuck in the cowl but it was the wiper arm.

· Registered
846 Posts
Do you have nerf bars?? im getting a rattle from them for some odd reason now, my driver side isnt completly tight and theres a spot at 80 were itll rumble like no tomorrow it is fixed now so i dont here it anymore.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
check in between the box and cab for chunks of ice that are stuck... I had one yesterday that almost drove me insane.
I don't think it would be ice. The weather is starting to get nicer and everything should be melting. I'll take a look though later just the same.

And no I don't have nerf bars installed.

· Registered
161 Posts
I hear the same thing from mine. I haven't figured it out yet cause I can't seem to reproduce the sound when I get my wife to drive so I can investigate.

Let me know if you figure it out and I'll do the same.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yeah, I let you know. It seems to only rattle for the first 5 minutes of driving and than it goes away until I park somewhere for about an hour. Than once I get back in the truck start it up and take off, that rattle appears again for another 5 minutes and goes away. Last night after hockey, I had seen a Grand Am drive out of the parking lot making the same rattling/squeky sound. Like "Dazed" said it must have been a chunk in between the box or the cab that was causing it.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well on the weekend, I gave the truck a good wash from top to bottom to get all the salt off and I haven't heard that annoying rattle yet. "Knock on Wood". Like "Dazed" said, it must have been a chunk in between the box or the cap. Anyways, that's the update.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.