Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to put a 2015 dually box on my 2001 f350 reg cab long box dually. Has anyone on here done this swap or know if it will fit and line up?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes there are but i know they will fit up to 2013 and i like the rounded fenders on the 2014-2015 dually boxes which is why i want to go with that style if they will line up.

·
Super Moderator
1,685 Posts
Measuring will tell. Most importantly, between the axle and the back of the cab.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i tried to post pics of the 2 boxes but they didn't show up. The body lines look identical ! There has to be someone who has done this swap.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
i tried to post pics of the 2 boxes but they didn't show up. The body lines look identical ! There has to be someone who has done this swap.
My thoughts are to make the 2015 box fit everything on the bottom side would need to be relatively in the same place on your truck and the 2015. Fuel tank and filler neck, what about lights, can you use your 2001 wiring with 2015 lights?

It's a lot more than just bolting a new box on and being on your way. Not to sound like a jerk but swapping boxes between trucks of the same generation makes sense, but from trucks 14 years apart is probably a bigger undertaking than you think.

Go to this link https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/topics/2015/15_SD_Pickups_SB_Updates.pdf

Scroll down to the 3rd page on the left side under "dimensions" and 8ft box SRW/DRW it tells you the measurements of the box.

In 2001 it appears there was a 6.75 and 8 ft box with dual wheels while in 2015 only the 8ft has duals according the link I posted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My thoughts are to make the 2015 box fit everything on the bottom side would need to be relatively in the same place on your truck and the 2015. Fuel tank and filler neck, what about lights, can you use your 2001 wiring with 2015 lights?

It's a lot more than just bolting a new box on and being on your way. Not to sound like a jerk but swapping boxes between trucks of the same generation makes sense, but from trucks 14 years apart is probably a bigger undertaking than you think.

Go to this link https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/topics/2015/15_SD_Pickups_SB_Updates.pdf

Scroll down to the 3rd page on the left side under "dimensions" and 8ft box SRW/DRW it tells you the measurements of the box.

In 2001 it appears there was a 6.75 and 8 ft box with dual wheels while in 2015 only the 8ft has duals according the link I posted.
It's the 8 foot box that i want to swap. i understand that i may need to use the 2015 wiring harness or extend the 2001 wires and the filler neck hole will need a slight mod. thanks for the input. I found an outfit in Ontario that new take off boxes and their site says the 2015 boxes will bolt right on to a 1999-2015 f350 long box. I'm going to call them on Monday for any info.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
You should take before and after pics. And also any notes and/or advice for others that will want to do this swap. You could be the king guru on box swapping! (No pun intended...lol)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I personally don't care for the new rounded rear fenders on the dually's....I thought if ever had a newer dually, I'd swap the rounded fenders for the older, more square looking fenders.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts