Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard one US economist say that insurance rates are going up all over North America as the trans nationals tighten their belts. It doesn't matter that we live in Canada - which is the milch cow of the US banking and insurance firms. The near bankrupt behemoths will squeeze our citizens with rate increases to help get them back on track south of the border. esp insurance rates

Yesterday I went to an online quote checker and checked my car insurance deal and discovered the company I'm with for both cars is charging MORE this year than it was last year, even though my cars are older and worth less money. Also I've been totally accident free, not even a ticket.

·
Registered
824 Posts
really? I dont know why that would affect us?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
collusion - insurance is a scam and the thieves are in trouble - esp property insurance providers in hurricane belts. I blame the Americans for global warming and a world wide recession and their economic hegemony drains Canadian rate payers.
Go to an online quote checker and do the math yourself. I'll be surprised if you report that your rates are going down...

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
Sorry don't mean to jack your thread but I need to rant about insurance company's for a min.........

Get this one, I remember when I was going to lift my truck I asked the girl at my insurance company if that mattered to them she said "Oh you cant do that that would be a MODIFIED vehicle and we could cancel your policy if we want never mind if something happened" ( Wait isn't that what insurance is for if something happens?) and she said that right in front of my other half, but I though forget with that if it wasn't for people modifying vehicles you wouldn't have things like tinted windows, HID's heated seats, aluminum rims,etc (Could go on and on) that come with new vehicles these day's any how I did do what I wanted to my truck and time came to pay for the next policy so I drove my truck there along with my other half and said nothing of any MOD'S the same insurance girl was there too my money and said to us "Boy that truck looks awesome I LOVE IT .... " what B/S first she tells you you can't do anything to your vehicle then when they see thing's done they love it and still take your money too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts