Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
2,181 - 2,200 of 2,224 Posts
Discussion starter · #2,185 ·
Some twit would probably pay that for it. It includes a huge amount of negotiating room.

yep..
or one good lotto max ticket..
I buy it .. a nice first gen bronco .. a scout .. terra pick up with removable roof .. 79 only I believe.. and the land cruiser pick up I shoulda bought when I saw it for sale up at the cottage new years 88/89..for 3500.. baby blue and pretty mint..

arugh..shouldah... couldah..
didn't
augh

so .. steering box is working out nicely
...'cept,
now I can feel everything wrong in the front end..
so...
on the way
4 new control arms
4 new shocks ..for lowered truck
braided stainless front brake hoses
braided set of three rear brake hoses and a stainless steel hard line for the axle

ordering today..
tie rod ends
the front stainless hard line kit
and the stainless hard line kit for along the frame rail

end of month .. after I have the brake lines done.. I'm replacing both rear springs .. one's had a busted leaf for a little too long

C notch kit arrived monday.. though it's the last job.. fixing the frame where the axle's crushed it .. being lowered without the notch kit..
- but waiting until springs are done.. which will lift the truck .. which will offer some more space to work without pulling the box off

then... I gotta get a good southern box .. but I think I found one in buffalo.. just gotta be able to go across to get it..only a few miles away from the border to pick it up at the guys shop..

so .. gotta do a buffalo shuffa-low box swap ..lol

my Dad's old truck turns twenty this month .. and turns 377 000 km by month's end too...

still runs like the day he picked it up .. but my 95 grand marquis had almost 600 000 k's and drove perfectly when scraped..

next year .. new gas tank .. fuel lines and trans lines..
then I start lookin fer a cab..

ah and my silicon upper n lower rad hoses arrived last friday... top ones on .. gotta do the bottom but I want heater hoses too while things are dumped out in the bucket..

original top hose has had a nice notch worn in it by the support bracket been that way for years...decided, like the brake lines... TIME FOR A CHANGE..

LMC has new coolant jugs .. so considering nice new clean one for the buck and a quarter it 'ill end up costing me
gonna do a new brake reservoir too..same reason.. clean.. new.. better...lol

and .. new wiper blades.. with an upgrade to a longer driver's side wiper .. there was clearance for another 4 inches of wiper.. so I can see better .......and more..

and from Jegs racing..a new alternator.. same cost as the one I had put in two years ago but with free chrome upgrade and HOPEFULLY a bearing that don't whine like a supercharger all the time..
used to be only when cold but this spring the noise didn't go away..so it goes to the alternator guy for bearings and goes in the spare parts box fer latter

so.. striped down the front of the motor .. well part way..
cleaned most of twenty years worth of grime off and installed my new chrome alternator.. after swapin off the bent pulley it came with...sigh
good thing I still had a BBK under drive pulley kit.. scooped the alternator pulley and all is good

installed my new silicone lower rad hose .. reinstalled the upper .. same as and at start up .. yippie .. no more whaling from the alternator bearing.. nope.. just a buzzing I can hear coming from the tensioner pulley...so we know what's next on the hit list

fist pic is evening .. done.. second n third are bout lunchtime ..start time

as a bonus .. tonight I fonund a place with new 5.4 timing covers for a buck n a quarter..

ooo want..

..and a 99 aluminum intake
Hood Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior

Discussion starter · #2,195 ·
Bump!

well bags O fun over here..

seal between the water cross over and the manifold let go..

so time to fix.

and clean..
and clean
and
..clean..

but I'm getting thar.. slowly

also going to hook up my long neglected msd box .. as I can access the wiring easily in the moment.. need'ah add a wire to each coil from the msd box..

and.. no more black plastic everything..painted manifold silver..not aluminum..wish they hadda simply molded it in silver.. and I have a nice blue for the valve covers too

should be a step up from the half inch thick layer of grunge along the top rails of the head, intake and valve covers..

and.. I think I might..paint the little cover for the throttle body silver too..with the patch where it says 5.4 Triton left black and some chrome tape to do the lettering..
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system
Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper
Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant Automotive lighting Automotive design
Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Bumper Grass Motor vehicle

almost done..it's all back together and running again

still need to hook up the MDS box but underdrive pulley kit is on

still running straight water until I can finish flushing the old coolant and gunk out ..seemes to run a little hotter but I think that will go back to normal with antifreeze back in the mix

bought new sparkplugs but found I have a problem..the one with the thread-cert is seized in the head .. so defeated trying for new plugs at this time..

found one lose plug .. so bonus point for catchin' that..

throttle used to stick in cold weather at first start .. turned out the throttle body REALLY needed cleaning
the build up of gunk would harden in the cold preventing the butterfly from opening without kickin it first

and threw in a new waterpump and fan clutch for good measure and all gaskets were siliconed to insure absolutely no leaking ever again..
couple turns of the key to prime the fuel system and she fired right up like it was never apart

god my ribs n back hurt from leaning into this thing for the past month and a half
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire
Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior Fender Motor vehicle
Blue Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood

2,181 - 2,200 of 2,224 Posts